The 5 Biggest Benefits of Getting Your CPA
There are many paths for a potential accounting professional so how do you know exactly which is right for you? Becoming a Certified Public Accountant is one of the most popular avenues for taking your career to the next level. Before you make a commitment, you should evaluate if the process is right for you. Here are some of the benefits of becoming a CPA.
- Recognition. There really is no arguing that CPA is the title most people associate with the accounting industry in general. Therefore, a CPA designation on your resume will be noticed immediately.
- Career security. Over the last several years there has been a shortage of professional accountants entering the market. This means someone with a CPA is far more likely to retain a position than someone without.
- Earning potential. Money isn’t everything but it is certainly essential to a successful career. A CPA earns 10% more than their non-certified professional counterpart. You may also have access to additional benefits.
- Job satisfaction. A CPA isn’t pigeonholed in just one aspect of accounting. They have experience in conducting audits, consulting, information technology, financial reporting, taxes and many other aspects of the industry.
- Career development. For an entry level accounting professional, the CPA designation on a resume will offer the opportunity to grow within a firm. You may be hired at the ground floor but your certification will earn you the ability to transform your career.