The Future of the IT Job Market
It is no secret that information technology is an ever evolving industry. Many recent graduates have found that the specialization they had in college is no longer applicable to the business world so they must reinvent their career before it even starts. On the other hand, because it is constantly changing the IT industry is an exciting place to be to experience innovation and career satisfaction. So how can you create a career path that won’t expire in a few years? Here are some things you could consider that will be the future of IT.
- Coding. Programming and coding are not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, the more you know about a variety of coding languages the more marketable you will be throughout your career in IT. The good news is that coding education is extremely accessible. To learn more, check out Codecadamy.
- Information security. Another area of IT that won’t be seeing a dip in the market over the next decade or more is Information Security. As more companies conduct business over the internet they need to be cautious about their own information as well as the private data of their customers. Info Sec will continue to be in demand.
- Cloud technology. The future of IT is proving to be in the cloud. This amazing feat of technology has revolutionized storage of data and the cost of doing business. With so many companies taking their information to the cloud they need dedicated professionals with knowledge of the technology to work within their business to ensure that things remain on track.
- Hadoop developer. Big data is a common topic of discussion for many businesses today. In the past there were easy ways to store and analyze data, but big data is a different story. Because of that, new technology needed to be designed especially for it. Apache Hadoop is an open source software framework that provides distributed storage and processing of big data.
- Robotics. Where engineering meets information technology also looks bright for the future of the industry. Specifically, individuals interested in artificial intelligence should consider a career path within this field. Robotics focuses on the development of AI as well as crucial IT skills such as database design and management.
Are you looking for your next career in IT? VincentBenjamin is currently hiring for information technology positions in Denver, Phoenix, and Los Angeles so call today!