5 IT Certifications to Take Your Career to the Next Level
If you’ve been in the IT industry for any amount of time, or you’re just thinking about joining up, there are a few things that will help you advance your career. Certifications have been the cornerstone of the ever-evolving field of technology since the very beginning. If you want to earn more money or get that next promotion consider these IT certifications that can help you stay on top of your competition.
- CompTIA Security+: CompTIA is a trade association founded in the 1980s. They are also behind the popular A+ certification. Their Security+ covers important current topics in information security including disaster recovery, cryptography, and access control.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator-Associate (Cloud): Another important aspect of IT right now, besides security, is cloud computing. Having a sought-after certification for the cloud, such as this AWS program, can increase your marketability.
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT: This certification is intended for those who are near the top of the IT organizational chart including senior security analysts and chief information security officers. These roles are critical for international and global businesses.
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization: There are three levels to the virtualization certifications from the popular company Citrix. They include expert, professional, and associate. Each certification offers new tools that you can use in your career.
- Certified Computer Examiner: This certification sounds like something from a procedural cop drama. That’s because it is part of forensic IT. Many companies and government agencies are requiring professionals to have a certified background in forensics of this nature.