Top Industries for IT Jobs in 2016
Are you in the market for a new tech job in 2016? Thinking outside the box can help you find an opportunity that is perfectly suited to your background and career goals. There are many potential ways to help you achieve your goals this year, and not all of them are what you think of as traditional IT jobs. Here are the 8 top industries that are hiring IT professionals this year.
- Due to changes in healthcare privacy laws and the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare industry is being forced to implement a number of technology solutions. Jobs for skilled individuals are necessary.
- Business analysis. This is the era of Big Data. This means that businesses are gathering more data than their current technology can handle. Someone with a background in analysis and technology can help companies stay on track.
- Database administration. For this same reasons, individuals with experience at any level of data base administration, implementation, or maintenance will be sought after by many types of companies.
- You may think that the only jobs for programmers are with big name companies like IBM or Google. You would be wrong. Smaller companies across many industries need programmers to help take their business to the next level.
- Software engineering. Many organizations need to rethink the way they approach their core business model. Offering options that were previously handled through less technical means in new formats will be essential.
- Project management. To this end, these same companies need project managers with a background in technology to be able to lead these new ventures. IT project management will be essential for a variety of non-tech companies.
- Internet and information security. Our information is becoming increasingly digitized and that means we need to double down on the safety of online data. Any company that conducts business online needs to ensure the safety of their internal and external information.
- Web development. Finally, social media and other ways of accessing information online will only continue to increase. You can also add mobile technology to that list. Web and app development will continue to rise this year.